WALT: Use clues in text, along with prior knowledge to help comprehension.
1. What is the difference between seawater and freshwater?
One has salt water and that is seawater.
2. Why don’t nga manawa grow in the South Island of New Zealand?
cause it’s too cold.
3. Describe what a mangrove plant does to breath?it sends up special breathing roots to breath out oxygen.
4. List 4 animals that like to live in mangrove forests? tuna tio patiki tamure.
5. Why else are mangrove plants useful? List 2 other reasons from pages 16 and 18.They help to keep poison away from all fish.
6. How did the mangrove leaves help keep fish cool?to help the fish not be bad in the sun.
7. Find an image of a Maori walking stick and insert the picture here (we aren’t sharing or publishing this so it doesn’t have to be labeled for reuse)
8. Why are nga manawa thought to be taonga?Because it’s like a treasure.
9. Blogging - Draw a picture of nga manuwa, and post to your blog with a few facts about it.